The big day is coming up! If you haven’t already signed up for your ballot by mail (Absentee) or voted in person at an Early Vote Center, you’ll need to be ready for the long lines and delights of the democratic process.
Tips for the Election Day voter:
- Unregistered voters may register and vote at their polling place, with required documentation, which is outlined here.
- Check to see where your polling place is.
- Polling places open 7 AM – 8 PM. Voters in line by 8 PM have the right to vote.
- Do some research or print off a Sample Ballot before you go
- Employers must give you time to vote on Election Day (or serve as an Election Judge).
- Be nice to the Election Judges! Most are volunteers on Election Day, but all have been at your polling place for a long time that day.