I recently sat down to discuss my goals for representing 66A in the Minnesota House on CTV North Suburbs Public Access. They invite local candidates to share their thoughts and highlight issues important to them in the upcoming election for five uninterrupted minutes.
You can view the above video of my segment or watch it on air at various times on CTV’s public access channels. This video segment can also be found on YouTube here.
The big day is coming up! If you haven’t already signed up for your ballot by mail (Absentee) or voted in person at an Early Vote Center, you’ll need to be ready for the long lines and delights of the democratic process.
Tips for the Election Day voter:
- Unregistered voters may register and vote at their polling place, with required documentation, which is outlined here.
- Check to see where your polling place is.
- Polling places open 7 AM – 8 PM. Voters in line by 8 PM have the right to vote.
- Do some research or print off a Sample Ballot before you go
- Employers must give you time to vote on Election Day (or serve as an Election Judge).
- Be nice to the Election Judges! Most are volunteers on Election Day, but all have been at your polling place for a long time that day.
Want to serve as an Election Judge? Find out more information about who can, how to request time off from your employer, and fill out the application for Ramsey County elections.
A campaign fundraiser party for Alice is being hosted on September 27th at 7 p.m at Mindy Greiling’s home at 2495 Marion Street in Roseville.
If you would like to pick up a lawn sign at this event or want one delivered to you, please fill out the interest form and someone will be in contact with you soon!
SAINT PAUL — Minnesota Secretary of State Steve Simon today announced that the start of voting for the 2018 General Election begins tomorrow, September 21. This year’s primary election saw near-record voter participation, with 925,554 Minnesotans casting ballots, the most since at least 1950. In addition to leading the nation in voter turnout, Minnesota has the longest early voting period of any state in the country.
“Minnesotans enjoy the longest early voting period – 46 days – of any state in the nation,” said Secretary Simon. “We saw record numbers of early voting and total voter participation during the primary. It’s clear to me that Minnesotans of all political leanings are fired up to vote in 2018 and keep Minnesota #1 in the nation in voter participation.”